Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ladder 33

After swallowing the hard pill that was my 33rd birthday, I decided to get back to business. The business of dating , that is. I have been chatting with a few select guys via a website, and hand picked one or two to invest more into the communication. This includes emails, texts, and an occasional phone call. So, last week I finally made plans to go out with, well, let's just call him "Firehouse Guy". He is a blue collar-type who volunteers the rest of his time to fighting fires here where I live(liking the whole men-in-uniform thing). He didn't know what time to meet or where to meet, so I was there left making the decision. This had me doing what I ALWAYS do and judging him even before we met. "I want a take charge kinda guy, he's so indecisive, other manly judgments, blah, blah, blah." Moving on... "Firehouse Guy" and I met on a Monday evening at a local watering hole. No drinks, just a quick bite to eat and some small talk. No flames to put out, so to speak. Using my new rule of giving each of these men a second chance, the following day I stopped out at the firehouse and called up to "F.G." He emerged happily and we sat on my car and chatted for awhile. We have hung out a few other times. "Firehouse Guy" has made it clear to me that he is interested in "seeing where it goes".  I am not sure, yet... no fireworks, dreams of what our kids would look like, or even plans for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment